A cloud application, or cloud app, is a software program where cloud-based and local components work together. This model relies on remote servers for processing logic that is accessed through a web browser with a continual internet connection.
Cloud applications provide quick responsiveness and don’t need to permanently reside on the local device. They can function offline, but can be updated online.
While under constant control, cloud applications don’t always consume storage space on a computer or communications device. Assuming there is a reasonably fast internet connection, a well-written cloud application offers all the interactivity of a desktop application, along with the portability of a web application.
What are the benefits of our cloud apps:
- Very fast response to your business needs. Enkronos cloud applications can be updated, tested and deployed quickly, providing companies with fast time to market and agility.
- It simplifies your infrastructure. Infrastructure management can be outsourced to third-party cloud providers.
- Instant source scalability. As demand rises or falls, available capacity can be adjusted.
- API use. Third-party data sources and storage services can be accessed with an application programming interface (API). Cloud applications can be kept smaller by using APIs to hand data to applications or API-based back-end services for processing or analytics computations, with the results handed back to the cloud application.
- Gradual adoption. Refactoring legacy, on-premises applications to a cloud architecture in steps, allows components to be implemented on a gradual basis.
- Reduced costs. The size and scale of data centers run by major cloud infrastructure and service providers, along with competition among providers, has led to lower prices. Cloud-based applications can be less expensive to operate and maintain than equivalent on-premises installations.
- Improved data sharing and security. Data stored on cloud services is instantly available to authorised users. Due to their massive scale, cloud providers can hire world-class security experts and implement infrastructure security measures that typically only large enterprises can obtain.
Contact us with your cloud app idea and we can help you in realising your tool to success.
Read more about services we provide: