A few years ago, investing directly in a crypto project was not possible. To do so, you needed the presence of a third party, which could be costly and time-consuming. It was a time-consuming process that required a lot of research and understanding of the product by the user. One had to read the whitepaper, understand the product, see if the equipment was competent, etc. And even then, it was very easy to fall for scam.
Over time, that’s changing. And long may it continue. Thanks to tools like launchpad, investments can be made quickly and easily, which also allows more people to invest in crypto projects.
Now, if you want to know in detail what a launchpad is and how to develop it, stay tuned for today’s article.
History of investment in crypto projects
A few lines above, we recall the following reflection. A few years ago, investing directly in a crypto project was not possible. The barriers to investing were many:
- There were no platforms to do so
- There were no regulations
- Investors did not have access to quality information
- Good risk management was not available
For these and other reasons, although many people wanted to invest in crypto projects, they encountered many difficulties. With the advent of launchpad, investors from all over the world were able to invest in a wide variety of crypto projects, in a secure and regulated manner, with access to quality information, risk management and a broad investor base.
Since then, Launchpad has been the basis for the launch of many successful projects, such as Binance Coin (BNB), Fetch.AI (FET), Celer Network (CELR) and BitTorrent (BTT), among others.
What is a launchpad? The concept
A launchpad is a platform that allows users to invest in a crypto project in the early stages of its development. In most cases, investors receive tokens of the cryptocurrency being issued in exchange for their investments.
Launchpads have become extremely popular in the crypto world in recent years, but none of this is coincidental. We owe their success to their ability to allow investors to earn significant returns by investing in projects with potential. However, there is also the risk of losing the entire investment if the project fails to live up to expectations.
Now, if you are wondering how something as novel as a blockchain-based project can raise the necessary capital, while providing access to early-stage token sales for a certain group of investors, launchpad is the answer.
How to develop a launchpad from scratch? The process
To create a launchpad, you need to have a good understanding of blockchain technology and how ICOs work. You also need an audience interested in investing in the project. Once you have these elements, development of the platform can begin.
The following steps outline the development of a launchpad:
- Select the niche or industry market in which you want to target your launchpad. In which market are you going to launch?
- Identify the needs and problems of the sector. Where will you operate? What are the main demands? What functionalities, products or services will the launchpad offer? Who is the competition and the potential market?
- Design a detailed plan to solve the problems you have identified.
- Set short-, medium- and long-term goals.
- Assemble the team and resources needed to execute the plan.
- Hire a team specialized in blockchain or crypto development if you do not have the necessary knowledge and resources.
- Launch your launchpad when it is finished.
- Promote and market the platform to attract users.
- Listen to your potential audience and continuously improve your launchpad.
Read on to learn how to participate in a launchpad step by step.
How to participate in a launchpad to finance projects with tokens.
It’s very simple! It all depends on the specific platform you want to participate in, as there is no single launchpad. However, there are several common steps that we will explain below.
As an investor:
- Register on the startup’s crowdfunding platform and on the launchpad you want to participate in and go through the identity verification process.
- Select the project or campaign you want to participate in.
- Select the token of the team you are interested in, you will be automatically directed to the corresponding launchpad page.
- Choose the amount you want to invest and the timeframe in which you want to invest.
As a startup:
- First, make sure that the launchpad is suitable for your project. You can consult the list of launchpads by clicking on this link.
- Once selected, register your project on the launchpad page.
- Next, upload your source code to the selected launchpad page.
- Now, ask to be assigned a mentor, he/she is an expert in the use of this platform and will be able to help you improve your project.
- Once you have improved your project with their help, ask to be included in the launch.
- Finally, promote your project so that other users can discover it and participate in it.
Do you want to finance projects and obtain tokens at unique prices? Are you looking for a tool adapted to your possibilities to scale your project? Whatever your goal, launchpad can help you.
Main advantages of launchpad in crypto projects
The main advantage of using launchpad in a crypto project is that it allows developers to raise funds efficiently and securely. It also allows them to track investor activities and, if necessary, adjust the price of token sales.
Other advantages include launchpad’s simplicity of use and its ability to drive the growth of a crypto community. It also offers developers the opportunity to establish a trusted relationship with investors and offer them greater control over the project.
Want to learn more about the development and operation of launchpad? Request a blockchain development consultancy at Enkronos and get out of doubts.